Sunday, February 2, 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte and Lacquer Balms

Revlon has been releasing hit after hit this past year, and the Colorburst Matte and Lacquer Balms are no exception. Each range of matte and glossy colors includes ten shades. I own three in each collection, and I am beyond obsessed with these lip crayons!
 
From left to right: the Mattes: Unapologetic, Audacious, and Showy and the Lacquers: Coquette, Vivacious, and Provocateur
 

 
First of all, the color payoff is amazing for the formula of the product. These contain a triple butter formula including shea, coconut, and mango butters that are incredibly moisturizing, and I didn't find the matte shades drying in the least. The lacquers feel especially conditioning on the lips! There is a faint peppermint smell and a slight tingle that lasts a few seconds after application. I wouldn't say the staying power is anything impressive. You will have to reapply a few times during the day and especially after eating or drinking. I don't mind reapplying during the day if it means my lips don't dry out! 
 
 
Top to bottom: Provocateur, Vivacious, and Coquette 
 
 
Top to bottom: Showy, Audacious, and Unapologetic
 
 
 
 The Mattes
 
 
 
The Lacquers
 
 
 
Unapologetic (matte): bright pink with a hint of red. Beautiful color.
Audacious (matte): a stunning bright coral, perfect for spring and summer!
Showy (matte): a purple toned pink, one of my favorites.
Coquette (lacquer): medium pink, nice for every day.
Vivacious (lacquer): deep pink with red tones...love love this shade.
Provocateur (lacquer): cherry red, a gorgeous, juicy shade of red.

I'm not sure I can even choose my favorite shades! I love all of the matte shades, and Vivacious would be my pick of the lacquers. I will definitely be adding more to my collection. I love to play with lip colors but don't like to pay a fortune for a lipstick I won't use on an every day basis. These Colorburst Balms deliver the best of both worlds: high-impact color in a super moisturizing formula and a drugstore price. I highly recommend giving these a shot!

Have you tried these lip colors yet? What are your favorite shades?
 



No comments:

Post a Comment