Saturday, April 5, 2014

Spring Beauty Picks

It has been a ridiculously long time since I've been able to write a new post! After living away from home for a month for school and being out of town every weekend for the past two months, I am so happy to be posting again!

So, first things first. I need to mention Jackie, the owner of Rawwbeauty Makeup Artistry. Jackie is the makeup artist who did my friend Diana's makeup for her wedding. I totally forgot to credit her in my post for Bridesmaids makeup back in November. Sorry Jackie! Her work is seriously incredible. You can also follow her on Instagram at @rawwbeautymua. She has even started her own makeup line and is always adding new things to her line! Check her out!

Secondly, I want to say that Urban Decay has amazing customer service. I was having an issue with my Naked2 palette and sent a quick email one Friday afternoon. In less than 10 minutes, I had a real response from a real person...not just an automatic response. In less than 20 minutes from my original email, my problem was resolved, and they were replacing my palette with a new one. Thanks Urban Decay!! You guys are amazing.

Now, on to today's topic...Spring Beauty Picks! Spring and Summer are definitely my favorite seasons. I hate cold weather! I love being outside, and nothing's better than a day spent laying in the sun by the pool. Spring and Summer beauty trends are always my favorite. I love the focus on fresh skin, golden lids, and pretty, bright lips!

Face

 
      Fresh, glowing skin is in for Spring. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is one of my all time favorites. I would describe this foundation as a light to medium coverage. It makes my skin look so healthy! If you're oily, I would suggest going by a Chanel counter for a sample. It might add just a little too much glow! I've used a brush and my fingers to apply this product, but I think I get the best results using my fingers. You can wear this without a powder, but I always set it with Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder.
      Clinique's new Cheek Pop powder blushes are SO good. And can we talk about the packaging?! I love the clear acrylic casing that shows off the flower imprinted powder! Peach Pop is the perfect shade for spring and summer. It leaves a pretty peachy flush with a hint of shimmer that highlights the cheekbones. Check this blush out ASAP.
      I believe I have mentioned this product before, but it's worth another mention. Benefit's Watts Up highlighter is my ideal highlighting shade. I believe the slightly golden undertone is more natural looking than light pink toned highlighters I have tried. I usually do a quick line across my cheekbones and blend in. You can also use it on the inner corners of the eyes. While I love the color, I do wish it was available in a powder form. Either way, I will definitely purchase a full size when I run out of this little guy.
 
 
Benefit Watts Up on top, Clinique Peach Pop on bottom
 
 
Lips
 
 
Tangerine lips are one of the biggest beauty trends this spring. I apologize for the horrible picture. It was really difficult to get the camera to pick up the true colors! Maybelline's Color Whisper in Orange Attitude looks super bright in the tube, but it's more sheer when applied. It leaves your lips looking stained from an orange popsicle. The texture is super light and feels really comfortable on the lips. The only downside is that the color doesn't last long, maybe three or four hours. The bolder option is one I talked about in this post. Revlon's Colorburst Matte Balm in Audacious was one of my favorites in my initial review, and I especially love it now that we are officially in the spring season. The shade has a little more pink than a true orange.
 
Revlon's Audacious on top, Maybelline Orange Attitude on bottom
 
 
Eyes
 


Gilded lids are the way to go. Urban Decay's Half Baked is my favorite gold eye shadow. It looks just like it does in the pan when applied to the lid. The shade pictured is from my Naked2 palette, but it is also in the original Naked palette and is available as a single eye shadow as well. Another option I recently discovered is a deeper, more coppery shade. Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Caramel Cool is gorgeous. I found this one at a Walgreen's, but haven't seen it anywhere else. I believe it is limited edition. If you can get your hands on it, you need it! Gold eye shadow looks pretty on its own, but you can also take it up a notch by blending a medium brown shade in the crease. Load up on mascara and you're good to go!
 
Urban Decay's Half Baked on top, Maybelline's Cool Caramel on bottom
 
 
Nails
 

 

I love my pastel nail polishes! From left to right: Formula X A Little Sexy, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Boom Boom Room, and Lilacism. A Little Sexy doesn't translate as well on camera, but it is a shade unlike any other I had in my collection. It's described as a "pearl light periwinkle". I love my blue nail polishes, and I was immediately drawn to this unique color. Take a look next time you're in Sephora. Mint Candy Apple is pretty much how it sounds...mint blue/green. Quite possibly my favorite nail color I own. Boom Boom Room is more of a bright pink than a pastel, but so perfect for spring. Lilacism is a pretty pastel purple. It's not as noticeable on the nails as the other shades, but it is still a perfect color for spring.
 
Fashion
 
 
I am completely obsessed with my new Vans! The Floral Authentic Lo Pros are so fun and girly. You can wear them with jeans, shorts, or even a cute sundress. You can't beat cute AND comfy shoes.
 
 
 
What are your must-haves for spring? Let me know what I'm missing out on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment