Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A tutorial for bridesmaids!

Last weekend, I had the privilege and honor of being a bridesmaid in my best friend's wedding. Diana is already beautiful, but she looked absolutely stunning on her wedding day! (See pictures below.) I did the hair and makeup for one other bridesmaid (also my best friend, Brittany) and myself. I think the look also works for a date night or night on the town.

I LOVED Diana's red lip! Perfection. Diana's makeup was done by Jackie of Rawwbeauty Makeup Artistry. Check her out on Facebook (don't forget to "like") and on her website!
 
Post-makeup with Brittany
 
A little clearer shot of the makeup. The gray shadow makes Brittany's blue eyes really pop!
 

 
If you like the look, here is how I got it:
What I used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC eyeshadows All that glitters and Shroom
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette eyeshadow in Pistol and Blackout

Maybelline Gel eyeliner in Blackest Black
Benefit They're Real! mascara


What you do:
(I've included real pictures as well as a sketch in case it's easier to see what I'm talking about.)


 
1. Start by priming the entire lid and bottom lash line. 
2. Sweep All that glitters over the entire lid up to the brow bone.
3. Work Pistol into the crease, forming a sideways V shape at the outer corner. This may sound weird, but just follow the natural curve at the top of your eyeball. To add a little more definition, use Blackout only on the very outside corner.
4. Following the bottom of the V, bring Pistol down on outer half of the lower lash line.
5. For a subtle highlight, use Shroom in the corner and inner half of the lower lash line. You can also sweep this shade across the brow bone.
6. Line the top lash line with the Maybelline eyeliner. Use whatever is left on the brush to line the outer half of the lower lashline.
7. Add at least two coats of mascara or a few falsies if you want!

To finish off the look, I used Revlon's lipstick in Primrose. This is basically how I do my eyeshadow on an every day basis. Try using the same shading with other colors. I usually stick to neutral shades like the Naked palettes.

Diana, you're wedding could not have been more perfect! I am so thankful to have been a part of it, and I'm so proud of you and Wil! You guys are such a blessing to me. I love y'all. And Brittany, thanks for trusting me! (haha) I love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment