Sunday, October 20, 2013

What's in my Carry On? Road Trip Edition

I've watched a million "What's in my carry on?" videos. All of these I have seen have been in preparation for a long flight on a plane. Doesn't anyone travel by car anymore? I love to fly, but sometimes it's just not practical. The car ride is half the fun of a road trip!
 
I'm leaving early in the morning for a week long trip...and yes, we are DRIVING there! A whole thirteen hours! The whole "carry on" concept still works for a car ride, so I've created a road trip edition. I still like to take things with me to help pass the time while I'm counting down the hours.
 
Instead of what I'm wearing to the airport, this is what I prefer to wear on long car rides. Obviously when you're looking at 13 hours, comfort is #1. I can't stand wearing jeans or anything I would be constantly pulling at.
 
 
The pullover is from the StitchingDesigns shop on Etsy. I was so happy with my experience with them! My order came earlier than expected and just as I ordered. I will definitely purchase from StitchingDesigns again! Under the pullover I'll wear a gray t-shirt. For me, yoga pants are a must. These are from the GapFit line and are super comfy. My Chuck Taylor's in Beach Glass are perfect to slip on and get out the door!
 
 
The "carry on" I'll bring is in addition to my usual purse. I almost always use one of my Longchamp bags. Yes, everyone has one. Yes, they are pricey. But for me, it was totally worth it. I have gotten a ton of use out of this bag, and it really is the perfect carry all. We plan to leave at 5 AM, which means there is no way I will wake up and put on a full face of makeup to go back to sleep in the car. This purple Sonia Kashuk makeup bag is my new favorite. It's the perfect size! The zipper pouch on the front is perfect for makeup brushes. Once we've been on the road a while and I've had a chance to wake up, I'll do my makeup in the car (not entirely safe, I know). I can't go anywhere without reading material, so I threw in a Glamour magazine and my iPad where I have other magazines downloaded. My pink Moleskine notebook is always with me. I'm constantly making lists or writing something down. A car charger is an obvious must have. I also included my camera and the battery charger, as well as my jewelry (in the white container) in case I decided to throw some on later. I'm obsessed with the KOR water bottles and try to have one with me at all times. I'll also have my sunglasses and ear buds (we don't all have the same taste in music), but I keep those in my purse!
 
 
What are your must haves for road trips?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment