Saturday, October 12, 2013

My beauty favorites for fall! (And a spotlight on Maybelline's NEW Color Elixir Liquid Color Balm)

These are some of my favorite kinds of posts to read and YouTube videos to watch! I think it's about the thrill of the chase...I'm always on the lookout for the ultimate product! When I think of fall makeup, I think of warm colors like gold, army green, and cranberry. Here are my picks to try out this season:
 
(P.S. Bear with me on the picture quality! I don't have the fanciest camera, but I think you can get the idea with these pictures!)

1. Maybelline's NEW Color Elixir Liquid Color Balm
Colors from left to right: Caramel Infused, Rose Redefined, and Raspberry Rhapsody
 
Can we just talk about the packaging for a second? I am a huge sucker for cute packaging, and these instantly caught my eye. They look like clear lipstick tubes and the colors are seriously stunning (there are 20 to pick from!). There is every color from nude, to pink, to dark purple, to classic red. I want them all! Here's the thing though...the packaging is a trick! It really is a tube of lip gloss!
 
 
 
Maybelline describes it this way: "A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss". I'm seriously loving these babies! I had to limit myself to three, and I love all the colors I ended up choosing. Caramel infused is a really nice, neutral with a (obviously) caramel color. Rose redefined is a beautiful pinky rose that I think would look great with bronzy or neutral eye. And my favorite...Raspberry Rhapsody. This color is a purple toned berry. So pretty. As for the texture, I give them an A+! It's just right. Moisturizing without being thick or tacky. These balms are crazy pigmented and provide an awesome punch of color. Since they are a balm, the color doesn't last forever, but it doesn't bother me to reapply a few times in the day. Try these out ASAP!
 
2. Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore
 
 
 
I love the Milani baked blushes. Luminoso is another all time favorite of mine, but this season calls for a berry flush across the cheeks. Not only are these pretty to look at, but these blushes have a subtle shimmer that creates a glow without using highlighter. Berry Amore is the perfect color to try right now!
 

 3. Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie

 
A berry colored lip is my favorite trend of the fall. Revlon's Lip Butters are all amazing, but Raspberry Pie is a gorgeous berry (duh) color, and the super moisturizing formula feels good on the lips!
 
4. MAC's Eyeshadows in Sketch and Sumptuous Olive 
 

 
Let's talk about eyes. Sketch is a plum/cranberry with a tiny bit of sparkle. This one looks awesome on every eye color! I have only used this as a crease color with a light gold, champagne, or light pink for the lid color. All That Glitters or Naked Lunch work nicely! Sumptuous Olive is one of my favorites. It is an olive green laced with gold. SO pretty! You can wear this on its own or pair it with a brown shade in the crease. I think this color looks best on brown eyes. If you're a brown eyed girl and don't have this in your collection, pick it up next time you're at a MAC counter!
 
5. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
 
 
 



The infamous Naked Palettes. I use this year round, but I'm including it in my fall favorites for the number of looks you can create with this palette. Honestly, I almost regretted buying this one. I already owned the original Naked palette, and still love it dearly. When I got this one home and compared the two, I was a little disappointed at how similar the two palettes were. I kept it anyways, and experimented with different color combinations. Now, I reach for this palette more than the original. My go-to combination is Half Baked on the lid and Snakebite in the crease.
 
6. Nail Polish!
 
Left to right: Essie Sand Tropez, Revlon Fall Mood, OPI You Don't Know Jacques, Revlon Rich Raspberry, Revlon Bold Sangria, and Sally Hansen Navy Baby
 
I admit it. I have a problem. I have a serious addiction to nail polish. It's embarrassing the number of bottles I own. These are my six favorite colors to get neutral, metallic, berry, or bold nails for the fall!
 
 
 
 
Okay, that's it! I'd love to know what you think of any of these products and hear your favorites for fall!
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Love your reviews! I have always been borderline obsessed with makeup so I'm glad to see someone else I know is too : ) I have the Naked palette and wear half baked & naked pretty much everyday. Also love MAC Patina shadow too. They're all so neutral though.. I need to branch out! I'm excited to try the Maybelline product you reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I haven't tried Patina yet...I'll be checking that one out :) I definitely have a tendency to stick to neutral too, but I try to change it up every now and again! It's easy to get into a routine and go for the same look most days haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, Patina is a must have. A vintage gold. gorg.

    I NEED sketch and olive, gorgeous. I love Mac eyeshadows. I am such a groupie..lol


    http://pursuitofnovelty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete