Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Homemade Pumpkin Bread

Besides all things related to beauty, another one of my loves is cooking. One day, I got a craving for pumpkin bread. I went to my favorite recipe site, allrecipes.com and began searching for a recipe that wasn't too complicated. Once I found one that looked promising, I got to work. About an hour and a half later, I came out with these babies:

 
Oh my goodness. This stuff is heavenly! If you like pumpkin, you will love this recipe! The bread is moist, delicious, and has all the right spices. Not to mention, your house will smell amazing. I'll have the recipe below, but I will also link it here: Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread. I take absolutely no credit for the recipe. I'm just very thankful and appreciative Laurie shared the recipe with the world!
 
I did make one minor change in the ingredients. Instead of 3 cups of sugar, I used 1 cup light brown sugar and 2 cups white sugar. The only reason I did this was because of a comment left in the reviews of the recipe. One person made this suggestion, and I love brown sugar, so I decided it was a good idea. Also, instead of using the 3 loaf pans, I used a mini loaf pan as well as using cupcake pans. I brought the "cupcakes" to a Christmas breakfast the next morning, and they were a hit! If you use cupcake pans, I would suggest only cooking for about 25 minutes or so before checking on them. You won't need to cook them the whole 50 minutes. The "cupcakes" would also be delicious drizzled with cream cheese frosting!
 
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread                       
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment