Friday, November 29, 2013

November Favorites

It's unreal that November is already over. My schedule this month has been a lot of very early mornings. I am SOOOooo not a morning person. I've always wanted to be one of those people who wake up and read the paper, leisurely sip a cup of coffee, and leave in enough time to make it to work early. Unfortunately, I just don't think I have it in me. Since most mornings my alarm clock has been going off at 5:00 A.M., I have been sticking to a fast, tried and true makeup routine. Most of my favorites this month are basics that get the job done quickly. Bonus: they are all from the drugstore!

1. Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Gel Shadow in Bad to the Bronze $6

 
It's obvious that this stuff is well-loved. First of all, it is so easy to use. I use my finger to put the color on my lid up to the crease and blend so there are no obvious lines. The color really does last all day, and I've never had any issues with the color creasing. And about the color...such a perfect every day shade. Somehow the metallic nature of this shade gives the shadow more depth and makes it appear as though there is more shading going on that just a single color across the lid. It has been a go-to for me a majority of the days this month!

2. L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Foundation $12

 
I am so excited to talk about this foundation! I have wanted to try this stuff for a long time, and one day I finally caved and bought it. And boy, am I glad I did! I have to admit I like this more than my Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. It covers any redness or blemishes and leaves my skin looking natural, but perfected. If you don't use any powder over your foundation, it is definitely a "luminous" finish. I always set my liquid foundations with powder, and the result is more of a satin finish. This lasts all day for me, and I haven't had any issues with this foundation looking cakey or settling in any lines. I definitely recommend trying this one out!
 

3. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush $9


I am obsessed with this brush!! I've been using this with the Lumi foundation, and this tool makes it so easy to blend out foundation quickly. It doesn't leave streaks and makes foundation look super smooth and even on the skin. This is my favorite brush of the moment, and I can't wait to try more brushes from this line! You can find them at Ulta and some Wal-Mart stores.


4. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural $6

 
After hearing several beauty gurus on YouTube talk about these cream blushes from NYX, I had to try them out for myself. This baby became a quick favorite! The color payoff is awesome, and it lasts all day. Natural is a soft pink that I think would look great on any skin tone. I use my fingers to pat the color on the apples of my cheeks and blend back and up towards my ears. The product is super blendable and easy to work with. Can't wait to try more shades!

5. Essie nail polishes in Bahama Mama and Jazzy Jubilant


I'm a huge Essie fan, and these two have been my favorite nail combination of the month. I wore Bahama Mama (a deep plum) with Jazzy Jubilant (a gorgeous multicolored glitter) on my ring fingers only.

 
6. Non-Beauty Favorite: Silly Cow Farms Marshmallow Swirl Hot Chocolate $6
 
 
Confession: The main reason I bought this was the bottle. Seriously, how cute is this thing?! Luckily, it turned out to be pretty tasty too! This stuff is SO good...definitely my new favorite hot chocolate. I debated between the Marshmallow Swirl or the original Hot Chocolate flavor. I was a little skeptical about the marshmallow flavor. You actually can't taste the marshmallow so much, and I can't really imagine the regular hot chocolate flavor to taste much different. It's rich and chocolaty. The perfect treat before bed :)  I got mine at Fresh Market. They have other flavors like Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate, Chocolate Truffle, Chocolate-Chocolate, Peppermint Twist, and Udderly Milk Chocolate. I will definitely be buying more when this bottle is out!
 
 
Thanks for reading! Hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment