Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Twenty-Something

The past year has brought me several big life changes. One thing I have learned: life almost never turns out as expected. I am a hard core planner, and I don't handle it well when my plan gets changed. Another thing I've learned: my plan is not always the best way for things to happen. As a matter of fact, when things have not worked out how I had in my mind, it has been much better than I could have ever planned for myself. As is the nature of God's plan.
 
I've learned to be brave, to be strong, to be appreciative, to take every opportunity to travel and see the world that you can. Working hard pays off, even if it's absolutely miserable in the meantime. That you can learn something from every person who is ever a part of your life for any amount of time. That some friends will betray you and leave you, but true friends are priceless.
 
Most of all, I've learned you can always achieve more, be stronger, and endure more than you ever think is possible. When you realize that most of the limitations you face are in fact only those you put in place yourself, it is truly freeing.
 
I believe the key to being happy is embracing where you are in every moment. Enjoy the happy moments! Laugh, smile, love, kiss, hug, relax, dance! But it's okay to cry, to be sad, to be mad or frustrated. Just don't waste your minutes on those emotions. Time is much too precious. Choose to be happy. Choose to make the best of your situation. Choose to see the positive. Perspective is absolutely everything.
 
I have no idea where my road will take me in the next year. I could not be happier or more excited about that! I'm ready for any adventure that awaits me. 


 
"Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time." -Asha Tyson

No comments:

Post a Comment